Thursday, January 24, 2008

I still believe it was worth buying......even though...

Two weeks ago, I bought Cassidy a dry-erase board. Last night as I watched her "teach" to her pretend class, I decided it was still a good buy. She plays with it every night, writing words, names, and math problems over and over. Now, had you asked me if I thought it was a good buy the day after we purchased it, my answer would have been slightly different.......that afternoon started just like every other day. The kids got home from school, had snack, and Cassidy headed downstairs to "teach" with her new board. Fifteen minutes later I hear Cassidy crying and yelling, "It's not my fault, Trevor did it!!!" You can about imagine the thoughts racing through my mind. Upon arriving in her room, I find her cute pink & white checked comforter now plastered with orange streaks and blots. Evidently, Cassidy had to take a bathroom break and Trevor wasted no time getting up on her bed and taking over as "teacher". My guess, it was time for art - you know, being creative and showing expression. Much to my surprise, I just cringed and was able to remain calm. What's done is done. I sprayed it with Shout and crossed my fingers. It didn't come out. So, I used my gel Shout with the scrubber at the end and added some elbow grease. The orange 'streaks' came out, but where he blotted the marker, it only lightened it. Oh, and it also lightened the pink coloring out of the comforter. So, I threw my arms up and said, "Deb, it's only a comforter". I put it back on her bed, threw her gigantic stuffed animal on top and "CHAZAM"....problem solved.

1 comment:

MAV06 said...

Yep - Don't sweat the small stuff - right.
So it sounds like you have a little teacher in training.
=)miss ya - vicki